This page contains files and commentary for the Glynde & Beddingham Parish Council Internal Audit and the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) for the period 01/04/2020 – 31/03/2021.
01: Minutes 01/04/21-31/03/22
02: Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
03: Risk Assessment
04: Asset Register
05: Acceptance of Office
06: Declarations of Interest
Councillor’s Declaration of Interests are displayed on the ‘Your Council‘ page of the Parish Council website. At the first meeting of the municipal year, Councillors will be asked to complete new declarations should any details have changed or to confirm that no changes have occurred.
07: Business Plan
The Parish council approved a Business Plan in January 2021 which outlines the main aims and objectives of the Council until the end of the current term of office in May 2023. A copy of the Business Plan can be found below. There is a dedicated Business Plan section of the Parish Council website with latest updates recorded at the bottom of the page.
08: Working Cashbook
Description of all worksheets in the cashbook:
- Cashbook – a list of all receipts and payments received into all bank accounts with net values allocated to budget categories from column R onwards.
- Bank Rec Q4 – Reconciliation of the Bank Account and Working Cashbook to be presented to Councillors at a full Council meeting on 27th May 2021.
- Account Reconciliation – A reconciliation of the working cashbook and bank accounts that the Clerk updates, and presents to Council, quarterly. The numbers 1-7 in column A correspond to the boxes in the Annual Return Accounting Statements Section 2.
- Budget + Forecast – Used to track spend against forecast throughout the year.
- Precept Comparison – Calculations showing the financial impact on electors of various increases in Council Tax.
09: Monthly Payments and Invoices
10: Bank Statements 01/04/21 - 31/03/22
11: Financial Reporting to Council
13: HMRC Payments
15: VAT Claim
17: Public Rights
18: AGAR/External Auditor/Website Files
TIMELINE OF AGAR APPROVAL AND PUBLICATION:
- dd/mm/yy – Internal Audit undertaken
- Prior to Annual Meeting (after internal audit) – Clerk will sign AGAR Part 2, page 3 ‘Certificate of Exemption’ and page 6 ‘Accounting Statements’.
- 11th May 2022 (during Annual Council Meeting) – Council will review the 2021-2022 AGAR Finances listed in section 17 above including the Internal Audit Report, Annual Governance Statement (Section 1), Accounting Statements (Section 2), analysis of variances, bank reconciliation and notification of period of public rights.
- 11th May 2022 (during Annual Council Meeting) – Council will declare itself as meeting exemption criteria.
- 11th May 2022 (during Annual Council Meeting) – Chair will sign AGAR Part 2, Page 3 ‘Certificate of Exemption’.
- 11th May 2022 (during Annual Council Meeting) – Council will approve AGAR Section 1, page 5 ‘Annual Governance Statement’ to be signed by Chair and Clerk.
- 11th May 2022 (during Annual Council Meeting) – Council will approve AGAR Section 2, page 6 ‘Accounting Statements’ to be signed by Chair.
- 20th May 2022 – Clerk will email the signed Certificate of Exemption and Contact Details Form to PKF Littlejohn.
- 20th May 2022 – Clerk will publish the Internal Audit Report, Annual Governance Statement (Section 1), Accounting Statements (Section 2), analysis of variances, bank reconciliation and notification of period of public rights.